Everything has a meaning when we speak about dangerous cargo shipping. It is important to follow the safety rules during the transportation as well as remember legal aspects that have their peculiar features. Apart from this, it is important to have a list of documents, special licenses, and allowances for transferring specific items. Moreover, the driver has to possess experience in driving.
There is a list of papers that must be in a truck during the shipping:
- Allowance of the instances that regulate and control the realization process of dangerous goods;
- Special labels for the road train that indicate a hazard class of the transported cargos;
- Safety guidelines about the full truck load that must be followed under any conditions;
- Safety and convenient route that was developed by the expeditor.
Moreover, it is necessary to instruct the driver and other people who will accompany the cargo before the run. They need to sign a special document to prove that they got acquainted with the instruction. Dealing with international transportation, we mustn’t forget about cargo insurance and customs documents. Only specialists from the logistics companies can arrange them in a proper way.
Peculiar features of dangerous goods
- Preparation of the necessary documents. The transportation efficiency and meeting deadlines depend on the vehicle that must be correctly chosen. Also, it’s important to remember some more nuances. For example, it is better to prepare an emergency card and itinerary in advance. Just remember, that arrangement of the documents can take more than 2-3 days.
- Duties of the road train driver. There is a list of requirements for the driver. For example, the driver of the road train must:
- Follow the speed regime;
- Strictly follow a developed route, the exception is the force-majeure situation. In this case, the route is developed with the experienced expeditors of the transportation company;
- Control the state of cargo during the run.
As the driver is responsible for the cargo during the route, he must check the vehicle regularly, check the cargo condition, and inform the representative of the transportation company about problems.
- Appropriate identification of the dangerous cargo. Dangerous substances refer to that category of cargo that must be identified by international norms and standards. To complete the documents correctly, you need to have the next data:
- The number of transferring substances in the list of UNN; the geography of delivery doesn’t make difference;
- The full name is the same as it is mentioned in the declaration;
- ADR class and additional hazard classes if they are;
- The number of samples;
- A classification code helps to determine the degree and character of the hazard of the substance. These pieces of information are presented by Latin letters and numbers placed on the cistern.